Angel hair pasta, simple tomato sauce, basil


A return to something sure and familiar. 

To hustle past the recent memory of something unpleasant. 


Don't you hate it when somebody squeezes the anchovy paste tube in the middle? 

Kidding. I don't even remember using that. I saw it on the teevee and it seemed like a good idea. 

The two pastes are squeezed directly onto the hot pan along with the spices that are heated, to put a little singe on the pastes and another layer of flavor developed.

A few things are crushed with the mortar and pestle. 

* mustard seeds. My new favorite thing. I think I like them in everything.
* fennel seeds. My other new favorite thing that goes in everything
* black pepper already ground to coarse 
* sea salt, very small amount because the cheese from Parma has a lot of salt

Then also:

* Parmigiano Reggiano, indiscusso il re di tutti i formagi duri.
* nutmeg, I do not know why. It doesn't make a lot of sense. It goes well with the cheese but it will be nearly overwhelmed by the other spice. 




No comments:

Blog Archive