Turkey sandwich



Baguette wot I made. Mayonnaise wot I made and boy is it good. Cheddar wot the people in Wisconsin made. Chipotle turkey wot some place famous made and I will tell you something, if you are to name a product chipotle it had better be hot and this is not. But that can be fixed.

When it comes to managing the power of the mighty chile it is impossible to please everybody. To put a low amount of chipotle in the product in order to be least offensive to the greatest number of customers is a bad decision in my opinion. Who does it please? What market is there for imperceptible chipotle products? Customers looking for POW will not buy it anymore and people who prefer imperceptible chipotle for fear of it being normal strength will not buy it at all. Boo.

Napa cabbage leaves and white onion were soaked in water with vinegar and sugar and little salt.   

2 comments:

Synova said...

A chipotle is just a smoked/dried jalapeno and those aren't always very hot.

I've decided that I actively dislike chipotle. I always put hot sauce in my creamy salmon chowder (there is probably a technical reason it's not chowder) but last time I grabbed the chipotle hot sauce because it sounded like a good idea, and I was afraid I'd ruined the whole thing. Granted, it may have just been the brand. Maybe it used added smoke flavor. Ewwww.

Chip Ahoy said...

I bought them dried and they're great combined with other chiles. They really do add a lot of great depth.

They type I buy in tins is chipotle in adobo sauce. They are red and they stain everything they touch. So the cutting boards must be bleached afterward. The sauce is very hot. The problem with the tins, even the smallest tin is too much. They are wonderful for the smoke and the heat. This is what I intended to spread on this chipotle turkey to fix it.

Blog Archive