Japanese flavored noodles, mushroom, carrots, napa cabbage







Japanese sauce. I am not even sure they would claim this, so let's say Japanese-inspired sauce. This is what happens when a guy doesn't know what he's doing but he does it anyway and ends up with something delicious.

* oil to get things crackling
then
* sugar, instead of mirin, because I felt like it
* soy sauce
* sake rice wine
* garlic powder
* ginger powder

The main thing I wanted was napa cabbage mixed with wheat noodles in a Japanese style. Everything followed from that. 

I could have used real ginger and real garlic but I was too lazy for that. I could have used tofu, or I could have added chicken, or peas, or beans, or egg, or shrimp, or salmon, or halibut, or hamburger, or steak, or pork, other spices like Chinese five-spice, or star anise, or miso, or eggplant, or celery, avocado, tomato, cooked beans, scallops, shallots, apple, raisins, uncured ham, chipotle turkey. See all the things that could have happened tonight but didn't? I'm kind of glad that I am basically lazy or else this could have ended up a real mess. Like a pizza with too many things on it so that you don't taste anything except mass confusion. This avoided that fate. 

No comments:

Blog Archive