Cannellini bean soup


I went to the neighborhood Whole Foods specifically to buy cannellini beans from their bulk bins. I walked directly to them and noticed they are on sale!

I go to the fellow standing there scooping out some other kind of beans, 

"It's like the Lord sent me." 

And he goes,

"Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha"

Apparently not a believer.


And the chute released its contents into my bag and I thought, "well, that's a lot," and I go to write down the number on the tab, as you do, so they know how much to charge you, it an honor system you know, the clerks there are all way too cool to absorb product code by osmosis, that's expecting too much nowadays, and I go, "what happened to the bean chute I just used? It's like it disappeared." 

And it did. It emptied its entire contents. There was just air. I have them all. Turns out to be a little under five pounds. Didn't intend that. 


One of the best things about buying a bunch of leeks is the wide purple rubber band. 


That can put some hurt on a little brother.


No comments:

Blog Archive