Oranges


Open yourself or I will cut you.


Sir, I cannot do that.





Satisfied?

The David and Gladys Wright House in Phoenix was in the news, there is a dispute about the disposition of the historic property and the photographs provided are poor so I fired up Google Earth to see if that would be more edifying, and it was.

While there in Google Earth at Phoenix I thought, "Hey, check out the property on Jackrabbit Dr. so I did, and I love the way it lifts you up just enough to swing you around the side of Camelback mountain, the properties are not far apart, and plunks you down to hover above the tree grove on the property where these oranges originate. 

And that's where the hummingbirds would be too.

The whole face of Phoenix from above in Google Earth looks like the map of Legend of Zelda, each green dot seems important, prearranged and thoughtfully positioned and everyone lives on a small estate. Turns out that's true, in that Arcadia area, each lot is required to be at least one acre, which is big for a regular house. I think. 

Joe told me how to peel this orange by scoring it into four sections and being elegant about it. He also told me the airline attendant has the rest of the oranges. He was over his allotted weight. 

He also said the Acadia co-op flooded the orchard so he couldn't reach the big ones while he was wearing his street shoes due to the mud. He was quite put off with the whole orange-picking thing and general frustration with the grove.

No comments:

Blog Archive