Lamb, rice, liver


I could not decide which mesmerizing photograph of this outstanding satisfying meal of remnant lamb roast and rice with Asiago cheese and chicken liver to use so I put up two photographs because it is worth it. 

The chicken liver came inside a whole chicken and I'm glad it was in there. Sometimes this is called dirty rice, but I do not care for that descriptor.

The potato is microwaved so already done when fried with the lamb chunks in the same pan with onion and garlic. Removed from the pan, vermouth to clear off the pan, so the start of a sauce with butter, a tad flour for a very light roux and then cream while whisking. Elapsed time, 45 seconds.  The sauce fills the entire bottom of the plate.

With all that going on, and not bad for a scrounge session, eh?, my favorite part is still a thin slice of crispy neutral iceberg lettuce placed as a disc between two spoonfuls of flavorful rice. 

xxx


No comments:

Blog Archive