Peach crumble




↑ Five peaches, 1/2 cup brown sugar, juice of 1 lemon, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.

↓ Two cups flour, 1+1/2 stick butter, white sugar, rind of one lemon, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, the only liquid is one beaten egg.

Oven 375℉.









This is a remarkable year for peaches in Colorado. I was amazed to see they are outstanding right now still. It's been weeks and they are great. Next week there is no guarantee, back to mealy. So I said that to a young woman who was right there and in very quick order we were gently squeezing avocados for her guacamole tonight. Handing her avocados I thought would be good ones, impulsively I began listing the other things not to forget, starting with onions, and she said, 

"Ew. I'm strange about that."

And before she could finish I said, "Garlic then."

"Have garlic."

So. Since you are strange about onion, you have no problem at all imposing your admitted strangeness on all your guests." She was buying five avocados. And she said,

"Yes."

I said, 

"You can disable the sulfides in chopped onion if you like by a few seconds in the microwave, but, whatever, I have friends that are hardcore anticilantroites."

"Cilantro!" I forgot that! I am so glad I met you. You've been a treasure already.

See? 

No comments:

Blog Archive