Beef steak ragù



My number one preference for a steak like this is to fire up a charcoal grill just for this one steak, cook it, and close up the grill and suffocate the coals. I have done that so many times it is not even funny. My first preference in any weather at all, rain, snow, anything, the grill is always a great idea. But those are not allowed in downtown apartments and it makes me sad every time. 

It is possible to pull off an indoor version but it smokes up the place, sets off the alarms, invites the authorities and ultimately not worth the trouble. And to make sure everyone understands an item in the newsletter appears warning anyone caught will be presented a fifty dollar fine, which doesn't sound all that bad.

I almost grilled it indoors and then noticed how pathetically marbled steaks are these days. That's another thing that makes me sad.






[potato, carrot, celery, onion, garlic]
[bay leaf, coriander, cumin, chili powder]


Pasta dough surplus from pierogis. The pierogi dough is too tender for this. Needs a sturdier denser noodle. 


No comments:

Blog Archive