Rory's Tavern, Denver

This location was the long-time Club 404, then sold to become Brendon's, sold again to become Rory's Tavern.

The old place was shot. My brother and I laughed at recalling our father remarking, "Boy, this place sure is nice." We died laughing at the time because it was actually a dump. Dad couldn't see the floor under foot needed to be vacuumed, the booths were torn and irregular, and he hadn't ventured into the bathroom.

The waitresses then were characters, all long-time employees. James recalled our favorite waitress's name, Nonnie. She told us on night their 30 gallon aquarium once held a catfish that was quite old, ten years or so, then the very night that Club 404 added fried catfish to the menu it died.

It's a nice place remodled. Reasonable prices. James and I went in for their prime rib. We'll definitely go back. The place is still one of our favorites. The boys had hamburger and fries. I think Alona had a salad. I forget. We were all pleased with what we were served. I didn't think to photograph the food. I was meeting my two nephews for the first time. There are glimpses of food on the plates.













No comments:

Blog Archive