Fried eggs, curry, bacon, whole wheat



I guess I went a little overboard with the red and black pepper. Eggs fried in butter. Prepared curry heated with the butter. This is delicious, and completely over the top with the whole-wheat bread which is a meal by itself. After photographing the plate I forgot I did that and my first bite was POW all over my mouth. I wished they were giant eggs so I could eat 'em all day.

I was sitting there poking the bread into the yolks and getting a little bit sad thinking about my father and what he missed all those years with his daily ritual of fried eggs over easy with catsup and his Wonder Bread® toast. He did enjoy hot and spicy food but my mother hadn't a clue how to begin with them. OK, that's a lie. She did have a clue how to begin -- sage in the turkey stuffing, whole clove stuck in the ham. I do believe that's about it. They did at length discover the intrigue of wasabi but that took an overseas tour and it had limited application, and much later, like around retirement, they discovered the joy of Srirachi and of kim chi but those are spicy prepared products and not spices per se. She also discovered garlic powder but by then she was pretty much completely over cooking which for her was a chore. See? Now I gone and done it. That does make me sad.

No comments:

Blog Archive