Pork tenderloin roast portion





This is a huge pork tenderloin roast cut into irregular segments. The large segments were frozen separately in Food Saver bags. One portion was removed, thawed, and sliced into discs. They were fried on medium high in a small amount of vegetable oil, which all went quite quickly. They are tender and flavorful just as they are.

S/P, that is all.

Two small tomatoes.

Mint.

Three small apples processed but not cooked. Doused with fresh lime juice but that did not prevent the mixture from oxidizing. The mixture is bright fresh apple, but frankly, I do not see any improvement on plain apple segments. I was thinking of it as a sauce for the pork, and I suppose it did function thusly but it wasn't worth the effort of processing.

[ note to self: apple segments doused with fresh lime are better than apple sauce ]

I still have pork slices left from the first pork roast segment. That leaves about a ton of frozen roast segments. Okay FINE! It leaves a few pounds.

This is exceedingly simple and fast. If I had a family, I'd be making this all the time. There is also a decent amount of fond left in the pan that with a little wine and imagination can be lifted into a flavorful sauce. That'll be next, but right now I'm too lazy and I can't be arsked. You see, the kettle's on the boil and I'm so eeeeeasily called away.

No comments:

Blog Archive