Shrimp, mango, orange


I invented this, I sure did.

The original idea was to make use of a can of coconut milk that I thought was in the pantry but I could not find it. Strange because I don't recall using it but do recall seeing it over and over and over. Here's another example of the goons at the CIA sneaking in when I'm sleeping and stealing my ingredients. I know these midnight thefts originate from the culinary institute because they ignore my cameras, electronics, art and pop-up supplies, and my aquariums. If I ever catch one I'm going to hit 'im on 'is head with a frying pan like in the cartoons.

* Six gigantic shrimp. I know, I know, contradiction of terms.
* Frozen mango. This is actually quite tasty and beats fresh mango because fresh is always such a gamble, it's tricky to de-seed and to peel, and it must be used within a window of optimum opportunity or wasted. Frozen, you just grab as much as you want, although freezing does rupture the cell structure, so does cooking.
* Fresh oranges, because they're there and I want to make use of the excellent oranges Joe brought me from his yard in Arizona.
* About a cup of heavy cream
* Scant teaspoon prepared Madras Curry from a jar and kept frozen
* Scant 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* Scantly scant 1/8 teaspoon salt
* One tablespoon Splenda. I don't know why I did that. This is probably a bad ingredient so sue me.

* Heat through.

* Diced tomato, added at end, not cooked.

I wanted loose sauce in abundance but not soup. I got soup. It's utterly delicious but I'm wasting it because I don't care to consume a cup of flavored cream. Tomorrow, maybe I would want to, but not today and now it's gone. It would also be great sopped with bread but I've copped a temporary attitude about bread right now. Shame to waste it, but that's the breaks.

Hang on.

* measures *

Okay fine! I was wrong. One third of a cup of delicious curry cream soup wasted. It was in a bowl ah'ite, it looked like a cup.



Now I don't feel so bad. Except now I have to clean another cup.



No comments:

Blog Archive