Bacon sandwich



Check out that open crumb. This bread has been in the freezer for at least a month possibly two. I forgot what I did. I think it's commercial yeast, not sourdough, but I must have aged the dough or something because I'm getting this strong residual PH change thing going on in my mouth.   Hang on.

Brush brush brushie brush, foam, brush brushie brush brush, foam, brush brush brush, foam, brush brush brushie brush, foam, spit. Gugguly gugguly gugguly spit.

There.

*weights self* Oi. I just dropped over half stone. I should have eaten two of these sandwiches.

* orange flavored mayonnaise left over from before
* thin slices of bread frozen for months and fried in bacon drippings. Not all of it, there was too much, some drippings  was reserved for later. Maybe I'll put it in tortillas.

I notice that sometimes simpler things are better. Like pizza. I used to pile things on but then I realized it was too confusing for my brain to sort appreciatively. I'm a bit slow on the uptake. Same with sandwiches. I used to pile on everything I could think of onto them and now I don't.  I had the option of putting tomato in the sandwich, onion, lettuce and cheese, and maybe I'll do that again, but right now I prefer to really taste the bread and the bacon.

2 comments:

JAL said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Chip.

I appreciate your creativity, humor -- and kookiness!

Anonymous said...

I don't know you but I think this bacon sandwich looks really delicious and since I see that's its your birthday from the previous comment, hope you don't mind if I say, Happy Birthday and thanks!

Blog Archive