Cheese and honey



Parmigiano-Reggiano and Tasmanian leatherwood honey. 

Hummingbirds instead of bees. That's weird. Probably regurgitated through their tiny thin elongate beaks. I feel sorry for those hummingbirds. They need all the sugar they can get. Did I ever mention that I went up to Conifer for the specific purpose of photographing hummingbirds? Took me awhile but I finally discovered a large stone B&B tucked away in a lovely secluded mountain valley with two feeders on the back porch which could be seen from the tiny parking lot. So I parked and marched right up there. People came in and out of the back door right past me and nobody ever challenged my presence. I took hundreds of shots. Still plenty of battery life but my arms got tired of holding up the 18-200mm lens. So I left. I still feel a little bit bad about being so rude. Uploaded to Flickr a bunch of really super neato-o photos of hummingbirds in all aspects of flight. Slideshow. The photos were so huge the birds were 10X larger than life-size. As usual they had to be scaled down drastically just so they would be manageable online. But I could easily make a billboard out of them. Well maybe not easily, but it could be done. 

Check out the bokeh on the gold-colored doorknob.  

1 comment:

Jason (the commenter) said...

I think hummingbirds only live in the Americas.

Blog Archive