Dinner salad, Parmigiano tuiles


Tuile means a thin curved cookie usually almond. This is Parmigiano cheese. I'd say it is common, [cheese tuile] 161,000 results presently, I'd provide a link, but then that would be self-referential. I see my own things there. I forgot I did this with macaroni and cheese like a sandwich.

It occurs to me having made so many crackers that shredded cheese and flour, any kind of flour, makes a nice cracker and those can be lacy and curved too. 

And now that I did it this way like a basket, it looks like a taco to me. 


You can do this in a pan too.


Stays pliable for a minute. It changes from melted to hardened quickly so no time to mess around. This is a vodka bottle.   



The original salad idea was more involved than this, toasted pecans, possibly shrimp, or some other readily available protein, there is cooked chicken in there that needs to be used, and very good sandwich ham that goes in things like this, bacon, other more serious vegetables, fresh green beans, broccoli, those could be steamed, green onion and such but I wasn't up to it. There are two other food-related things going on concurrently, and a few non-food related things too. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, Grey Goose! FANCY!

Blog Archive