Sausage, eggs, chard, parsnips





Every once and then, now and a while, once and there, here and again Photoshop, by some slip of the pinkie on a teeny tiny keyboard, will switch to negative while saving and it comes as quite a shock, like oh no, I ruined it, but all you have to do is back out, control or command Z, and it flicks back to normal but this time I saved it to show you, then backed up to normal and saved the real thing.




So there's that. The chard is pressure cooked. The two stage indicator rises to the second stage, I did not want that, removed from the heat, the indicator collapsed, opened, the chard was done. Soft. 

Prepared vegetables added. And the same thing with the pressure cooker all over again. On again, to high then off then opened again. The parsnips were barely undercooked. The pressure cooker brought to a boil a third time, on again, to high then off then opened again a third time to perfection. The rigid chard cells damaged to become very soft. 

A single piece of bacon not show is included the first time, and a broad pat of butter included the third time, so the vegetables are saturated in sufficient fat. The pot is also deglazed with wine, the bacon  that sticks on the bottom  lifted off. 

This is marketed as house sausage but it should be marketed as ground pork. Tried it and I am disappointed. 


But nothing that cannot be fixed.


ARTS !

It did it again.



This is everything the house sausage tried so hard to avoid being. Interesting.

It had to appeal to everybody, they think at the store, and so must not appeal to anybody. Pity, it could have been interesting too with just a little spice, but no matter what they would do would offend somebody. As it is, plain ground pork marketed as sausage is offensive to me. I didn't expect much, but I didn't expect nothing.


This is cilantro, leafy cilantro. The seeds are also used. The ground seeds are used here too, called coriander. Both leaf and seed are called coriander in other English speaking countries. 

Two thin slices of my sourdough bread, and it is old at this point, dried out, the sort you throw away, softened in butter nearly toasted in the pan that fries the sausage and the egg, and with the egg yolk only as sauce for that, it is better, qualitatively better than two thick English muffins with Hollandaise sauce. I am remarking on the impressive depth within the simplicity of these things. I mean it, I'm not just bragging, the sourdough is something that I have not found to buy, it just does not come like this, I am not talking about sourdough flavored, I am talking about the real deal, aged fermented bread. It is captivating.





Unless you're my nephew from Omaha, then you'll snub your nose in preference of white sandwich bread.

No comments:

Blog Archive