Tuna, potato, farfalle salad




Mayonnaise, of course, also not shown pickle, the spears I used are hot so I added sugar to those.

I could have used grapes, and broccoli in there too, also various cheese would work in chunks, olive, raisins, and yogurt instead of mayonnaise, or a blend of those. I omitted garlic, so the choices I made left a lot of things out.

The onion is diced and zapped for 20 seconds to disarm it.

I used potato because I have it around and I have it because I want the calories so I used it here, that is not usual for tuna salad, and neither is pasta for that matter. Two white starches together do not make sense culinarily unless you are feeding an army of kids or perhaps wouldn't mind putting on a little more weight. 



This lettuce is so dirty and so grimy I do not trust a single bite of it lest I get teeth full of sand, cruddy, coated with dirt, encrusted mud at the base and grit throughout. Disgusting. It is washed in warm water, not cold, and washed twice and rinsed and rinsed while repeatedly spun and spun backwards and still not trusted. Each torn leaf is examined from end to end, it is that ridiculously uncouth. With everything I hear about regulation and recalls of pre-washed bagged lettuce, I am impressed it is legal. 

It's like being one with the Erf.

No comments:

Blog Archive