Apple pie with ice cream





The apple pie has dehydrated cherries in it instead of raisins so every now and then POW cherries right in the kisser.

I don't have brown sugar. What? It's included for its molasses so that's what I added; white sugar and molasses. It turned out very nice. Cinnamon, of course, but also faint clove to buttress it. 

That's right. Buttress. Just like a cathedral. You got your soaring heights of thin walls supported on the outside with short stocky wings that lean on it to help it stand up. Just like that. Exactly like that. 

'Cept different.

Update: I emailed these photos to my brother who opened it while his family was inside a pastry shop in California. His wife and his boys decided to leave the store and go across the street to get pie with ice cream. They talked about getting me to send them a pie through the mail. 

No comments:

Blog Archive