Pork tenderloin sandwich

The two pork tenderloins that come in a package to look like one reasonable tenderloin were carefully strung together as butchers do sometimes and carelessly over-marinated in a carefully combined mixture of 50% salt / 50% sugar, half the customary Asian ingredients with western ingredient substitutions.  It's 2/3 careful and 1/3 careless. The extra time did not damage the meat because the marinade was weak to begin. That is, 1/2 cup sugar and salt rather than 1 full cup of each.

But that over-marination caused it to penetrate the meat thoroughly especially since the tenderloins are actually two thin lengths. This meat is gently flavored throughout. And it tastes very good.

So now additional Hoisin sauce increases the flavor significantly, alters it a bit, but most importantly makes it moist for a sandwich. It's a sauce added directly into the meat. But it is not enough so mayonnaise is added to supplement mostly for additional moisture. The whole thing worked very well.

The malted whole wheat is excellent although fairly small. So two sandwiches are made from the pile of meat. I enjoyed these two sandwiches very much.









I am so sick of cucumbers going soft in the crisper that I made pickles out of them to prevent that waste. 

I should start calling those drawers "limper" because that's what happens to everything that goes into them.

It worked!

The pickles are amazing. I used fresh ginger and garlic. I've never tasted anything like them and that makes me wonder why ginger isn't more popular for pickling. It's a great ingredient.

I am so sick of pineapples going soft before I can get to them that I put two of those things in jars too. Except those were not pickled. I notice they're lasting a lot longer than pineapples do just sitting in the refrigerator. There is something about the glass protecting them. 

These two ideas I will use for the rest of my life. 

Because I really love ginger-pickles and fresh pineapple. 

Why aren't these two ideas more popular? Ginger with cucumbers and fresh pineapple saved in jars.

Everyone should be doing this.

It's another of those mysteries about earth. 

Come to think of it I bet berries would save better in jars.

No comments:

Blog Archive