Fruit salad with toasted oatmeal



I knew exactly what I wanted -- fruit salad with granola. But alas, for I am granolaless. Would the oatmeal mixture that I combined in advance work? How? Certainly not raw. Certainly not cooked in the usual way, all wet and gloppy. Should I make granola? It’s such a sticky mess, what with the molasses and the oil. Don’t want to get into all that right now. I decided to toast it.

The oatmeal mixture already has cinnamon, brown sugar, and salt added to it. It also has raisins and nuts. Those must be picked out lest they burn and then added back. It worked brilliantly and I will repeat this innovation for added interest to the usual mixed fruit salad, which itself is already unusual in that it changes with each articulation depending on what is available and what looks good at the moment I'm shopping. For instance, this batch hasn’t any watermelon, grapes, or berries, but is heavy on kiwis, plum, pineapple, mango, and papaya. Other than that, it’s exactly the same as the last batch.

No comments:

Blog Archive