Carrot and napa cabbage






When the Pennsylvania Dutch emigrated to the United States from China they brought with them the secret of sweet and sour cabbage but left behind the wide variety of bok choy, white vegetables, that were available to them and concentrated instead on the green, the Savoy, and red varieties of cabbage, which is actually an attractive purple, along with the apple cider vinegar, ingredients that were more successfully replicated for them in the New World. 

Oh, about the book, a history book I think, I was on my bike peddling real hard and it flew out of my pack and my dog snagged it thinking it was a game but he was tired from running so much and slobbering all over the place and it turned into this big tug of war thing and some pages got out of order and some are ripped. Sorry.  

No comments:

Blog Archive