Steak sandwich


This was at one time a worthy steak cut from the body of a great horned ruminant beast. 

It was a carefully cut steak intended for grilling but I did not like it as a steak so it was shredded thinly as possible and made into a sandwich.



This tool scares me and I do not recommend it. I count my stars this thing hasn't hurt me but somehow I sense my time with this thing is limited. Slicing this steak is particularly dangerous even partially frozen. Carrots are dangerous too. It's just all around dangerous and there are similar things with what appears to be improved design.













Vegetable oil, because the steak doesn't have an excess of fat. This thin, the meat sears quickly so it is lifted out quickly. The pan deglazed with fortified wine, and that with the seasoning on the meat constitutes a very thin sauce enough to dampen the bread and keep the meat moist. It is a delicious sandwich.

Ruminant not because it chews its cud and then swallows it where it ferments a little bit down there and breaks down a little more and then regurgitates it back up into its mouth and chews it some more, and keeps doing that chewing and swallowing, and stewing and regurgitating, and chewing, back and forth all day until there is hardly any cellulose left and the wad slides onto the next three stomachs, so I'm imagining. But rather because these cows like to stand around and tell each other longwinded stories involving thoroughly detailed reviews of every grievance they've ever experienced real or imagined. Drinkers do that. You see these cows bellied up to the bar and you've heard the phrase, "I said hay, Bartender!" 

No comments:

Blog Archive