Lemon ice cream













The zest of two lemons along with the juice, and soaking for twenty-four hours really did the trick. This ice cream has excellent flavor.

The chocolate sauce made from the Barry's couverture, cream, and almond liqueur. I held back on the liqueur, I wasn't sure it would mix, there is less than a tablespoon and it could have taken more.

It might be early to judge but this seems very light and almost foamy. It might freeze more solidly and become more hard but I sense it is not going to.

It's 50% heavy cream and 50% milk. The milk is powdered milk with the water included to turn the powder into liquid milk, with the milk solids but apparently without the milk fats. I'm not sure about this. I'll have to check into that more but the box says no fat. That's disappointing but it would help explain its fluffy texture.

Two additional utterly superfluous animated GIFs below:
1) swirly ganache with almond liqueur
2) dripping ganache coating an ice cream ball


Chocolate ganache from Barry's couverture, heavy cream and featuring almond liqueur. 



A simple cone will do. Sometimes I buy ice cream and eat it directly out of the carton. What the heck, there is nobody around here to yell at me. 



Too busy? A practical rule of website design is to not load up pages with annoying animated GIFs. It's good advice, and yet here I am doing exactly that. I thought it was better than a big long scroll of photos. They are lower quality because of that decision, but, eh.

No comments:

Blog Archive