Chicken broth potato


Chicken carcass from the previous posts, including the giblets frozen in a snack bag. Turns out, they didn't stay frozen for long. 

Chicken bones are fast enough but pressure cooked anyway to speed things. 



Hey Maurice, what should I do with this chicken broth?

Put a butayta init. 


Fine.

I call it drowned Hasselhoff. 

* bay leaf
* garlic
* onion
* black pepper
* sea salt
* fennel seed
* butter

Odd to add add butter when all that chicken fat was already discarded but couldn't help it and a taste test indicated it needed fat. 



2 comments:

Daniel Fielding said...

What brand of pressure cooker are you using? Are spare parts easy to get for your model of pressure cooker? Thank you.
Daniel

Chip Ahoy said...

Kuhn. Parts are common throughout manufacturer's line, like the rubber ring and the plastic tops.

Other part is universal safety valve.

I did have to replace part. And it was easy and reasonable cost even though the company is German, I think.

Other companies should be even easier, I'd imagine.

I had the lid covering a burner and accidentally turned on the wrong burner destroying everything in the lid but the lid was still good. The valves pulled out with pliers and that left a naked lid with two holes. Replacement parts fit perfectly and it works beautifully. I use this pot a lot more than I imagined I would. It's excellent for high-altitude situations worse than Denver.

When I see professional cooks on teevee behave perplexed or dismayed with the prospect of using pressure, then my respect for them as professionals dives immediately. If it's a contest I automatically hope they lose. I know this doesn't have anything to do with your question, but I guess having this pot has made me a tad less sympathetic because it's such a brilliant little thing. I could use another one. Two, one smaller and one bigger.

It's a great pot with a heavy bottom and sides. It's heavy all around and very useful besides.

Blog Archive