Scratch brownies


One day a careless woman innkeeper, probably drunk, forgot to add baking powder to her cake mix and being drunk she goes, "You know what? Screw it. All these sots won't know the difference. I'll tell them all I meant it. That's how brownies were invented. By mistake. A failed cake. So then, how to make brownies? Fail a cake.

I thought brownies came from a boxed mix. Then I bought Jiffy mix and those things are cheap as can be. I realized they're only flour and sugar and cocoa and salt with instructions to add the rest.  


Stick of butter whipped with one cup sugar, then one egg.



One teaspoon vanilla, two tablespoons water, two tablespoons cocoa, one cup flour, nuts and chocolate chips 1/2 teaspoon salt.








Sometimes I like the simple stupid childish things. Doing this breathed life into my six-year old self. 

No comments:

Blog Archive