Chocolate shortbread


This wasn't my best idea, possibly not my best execution. Maybe I should have followed a recipe more closely rather than just dumping things in. Maybe too much cocoa. They're too crumbly, a little too intense, if that's possible.

I didn't have a whole cup of corn starch so I substituted 1/3 cup rice flour. Also substituted aprox 3/4 whole wheat for white flour with the addition of 3/4 oatmeal ground to dust in the coffee grinder. Also included about 2/3 cup cocoa. That's too much dry for the 1/2 LB butter. I also substituted some brown sugar for white sugar and added confectioners sugar, so that's three type of sugar amounting to a total of aprox 3/4 cup. The sand-like dough appeared alright. It's not as good as the first batch down there ↓.

No comments:

Blog Archive