Shirred eggs


Or, Eggs Wot Bin Baked in Toasted Bread Nests. Eh, I'll go with shirred eggs. 

It seems to me the nest can be changed to a tortilla, either wheat flour or corn, from raw dough that bakes as the egg cooks. That would probably be easier. I imagine commercial refrigerator biscuits rolled out would work too, or ordinary scone-like biscuit dough for that matter, pressed inside muffin tin cups. These eggs are plain and a little bit boring. They could use vegetables and sauce, zing, POW, wham, heat, texture, and that means bigger cups. 

Hot Italian sausage picked up earlier for the mozzarella bufala pizzas.

Sugar peas with ricotta flavored with some unidentified semi-hard cheese remnant along with dried mixed Italian herbs. 

The black bean bread is getting a little old so old it's beginning to petrify. It needs to go away. 






Hint: oil or spray your tins better than I did

Conclusion: kids would love these probably more than I do. 

No comments:

Blog Archive