Brillos, Denver






I had beef tenderloin. So eager to get at it I forgot to snap a picture first. Joe had salmon, didn't care for it. I didn't understand the choice. Joe is the guy who gave me a freezer full of Alaska salmon, now he's ordering it. "It's in season." He didn't like it being too cold, sent back, then didn't like it being too raw. He was unsatisfied. They comped him the salmon and bought one of his drinks. I think. Altogether a fine dinner save for Joe's fussiness about his salmon. He should have let me make it at my place. 

We are both impressed with the salad, compacted and intensely flavorful with crushed hazelnut and hazelnut oil for a blast of very intriguing and unusual combination with slightly bitter baby arugula. I could copy that. 

The pâté plate is excellent with chutney, peach slice and light toast and interesting little dots of two sauces.

This macro lens (Nikon micro) performed poorly and slowly in low light. ISO cranked all the way up, and it is considerable, so the photos are grainy. I thought it could do better than this.

No comments:

Blog Archive