Pork burrito, sweet potato, egg, corn


I didn't make this. It was scrounged from around the corner the new place I mentioned. It's good. This chunk taken out shown above is all that was eaten the rest discarded. I'm in weight-related trouble right now. I think.

I weighed myself on impulse, it's not a habit, and expecting a light and somewhat dangerous 145 the scale showed 137 instead and that was alarming. Slamming on it didn't help, it kept going back to 137. At that weight my appropriate height would be five feet tall. Thereabout.  At two o'clock in morning I realized I hadn't eaten anything all day and still wasn't hungry. Nothing sounds good. I cannot picture anything. There is no urge. I fixed a plate of fast spaghetti and scarfed it. My body absorbed the whole thing to the last molecule with no residual portion. So I really should be grazing but I am flat not hungry and it doesn't matter how good the food is all around. Even after these few bites of a burrito hours later when I should be starving at a catered reception with really good food all over the place right there at hand the only thing that looked irresistible was a cantaloupe cube. Everyone else is chomping like horses, everyone else is fat, everyone else has a plate in their hand, everyone else rather normal and reacting normally around great food and I cannot be bothered with any of it. 

The elevator is keyed in by the owner at the apartment, there are two apartments per floor, the elevator has two doors instead of the usual one. We rode to the roof  packed inside in groups. Skinny me with no food inside me and their overweight selves having just eaten again, most likely the fourth and possibly fifth time that day for some of them, my chance to say on the way up, because I know they're feeling things shift inside, "Jesus, I got the worst case of gas." 

1 comment:

pious agnostic said...

Please care for your health. I recall your long absence several years ago, and the cause. Eat something, for heaven's sake!

Blog Archive