warm salad

Zucchini and yellow squash. That's what started this. My intention was to sear it in butter. And that's it. That was the visualization.

Then I noticed the asparagus standing up in its cup of water and covered with an upturned plastic bag, waiting to be used. And then I noticed the leftover roasted chicken. And the sandwich ham slices. 

Then I notice the herbs, tarragon and cilantro and I chose tarragon. 

And the pecans are sitting right there. And the blueberries are not getting any younger. And the avocados are becoming scary old in the refrigerator. And that means this is going to need a lime. 

Plus the whole thing can use something red. 

And I'll never have another salad this excellent again. This is a once-in-a-lifetime deal. Protein, slow carbohydrates, fat, citric acid, the pervading flavor of tarragon, all at once. The result of scrounging. 

Every single forkful delivers a different combination of flavors and textures. It is an intriguing salad to eat. 






No comments:

Blog Archive