Country style pork ribs









The whole time I thought it was beef. And the whole time I thought they had bones. Imagine my surprise to open the package and see only 4 things in it. 

I am out of BBQ sauce.

Homemade BBQ sauce:

***First bbq sauce photo:
* Catsup
* Mustard powder
* Worcestershire sauce
* Soy sauce
* Brown sugar
* Apple cider vinegar
***Second bbq sauce photo:
* garlic powder
* ginger powder
* 13-spice Chinese

These were placed in an InstantPot that is way too large for it. On a rack, with 2 cups of water below it.

Maybe I fell asleep a little bit while this was cooking. 

And maybe I didn't.

Had I known it was pork then I wouldn't have cooked it for 3 hours. The setting for "beef and roasts" was chosen and that brought it to low pressure. I think. The machine turned off when it was done, it did not hold a warm temperature. The lid opened without having to de-pressurize it. That tells you how long I let it go, that it could cool so much.  Possibly 4 hours. It was warm when I opened it. 

It is very good. 

I want to do a big ol' pile with bones -- a very large package of ribs. Beef ribs. Possibly two packages. I want to fill the 8-qt container. 

2 comments:

Calypso Facto said...

Country style pork ribs are probably my least favorite ribs ... but still better than NO ribs.

Oven baked beef ribs, low and slow, may be my favorites.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

I get them when they are super cheap, but low and slow and they are delicious. Good homemade BBQ sauce (improvised BBQ is often way better than store bought).

Blog Archive