Farmer's market


I said to myself, I said, "Go out there and buy two zucchinis and three tomatoes if they have them." And off I went.

I heard about Farmer's market on the other side of Broadway, very near, but all that was too late last year so I was ready for them this year. I read it on a sign painted on an outside wall while having a haircut. It's right there on the corner. But tucked in the alley. I never saw anything else.

This year I notice activity on the opposite side of Broadway and one block over. Tents. People. Turns out, the Farmer's market group moved. Now I see them from my balcony 1/2 block away.

How convenient.

It's like they followed me here. 

Oh, I love these lovely people.

I really do. We should support them. But everything is like super duper expensive. But they bring fresh farm things right straight to us. It's a lot of trouble and they do it. And, my God, these people are friendly. It is like we are made for each other, the grace, the humor, the ease of comportment.

So the tomatoes were a million dollars apiece. 

And the cucumbers and the zucchinis are, let's see, uh, about a million dollars apiece. 

The corn was a million dollars. 

The peaches are one million dollars each. 

The tiny jar of Bread and Butter pickles with habanero chile pepper was twelve million dollars. 

Quite expensive. Quite the ripoff. But they do bring it right straight to me and it is all natural farm stuff. So how do I react to the cosmos when it aligns for me this way? The cosmos brought me food directly. That's awesome! Please. Allow me to interact with you. 

I can buy all this at Whole Foods at half these prices and they will bring it directly to my front door, but you are here, and you are gorgeous, and we all love your farms, and it is all so much trouble, and this really was very convenient for me.

Nice to get out for a little walk.

Finally. These peaches of yours are awesome.

No comments:

Blog Archive