Pizza N Grill, Denver

Takeout through Grubb. 

I used this place twice today. Once for delivery to a shop and this one for myself. In both cases they underpromised and overdelivered. We'll be there in forty minutes then show up in twenty.

I raced them. And I won. They showed up while I was at the door. 

For my delivery normally I would meet them downstairs at the front door but this time I cannot carry anything. My cart is useless. It is filled with torn up cardboard boxes, a project I was doing, the stuff will not fit in my backpack. So the guy comes up and he isn't even shocked about what a total mess my place is. Like all this stuff out covering every flat surface is normal. 












I'll have the ravioli later. Maybe two times later. I was hoping to see them in the package but they are under the sauce.

Odd the way restaurants are conscious of plating, the importance of placement so the food looks attractive, but when it comes to takeout they just toss it in the container.  I do not think that they are thinking what we see when we open the package. That first look should be visually appealing as if on a plate. I think that they are thinking the first look should make us say, "Wow, that's a lot of food." 

Would you like to see something funny? 

Gordon Ramsay makes carbonara with bacon, mushrooms, garlic, crème fraiche and peas. Husband copies exactly and presents to his wife. His Italian wife tastes it and gags. Then she shows her husband how it is done right. A lot better and a lot easier. Husband agrees, wife's version is much better.  We are being put on. Acting. Contrived. Very well done. I laughed.

No comments:

Blog Archive