Egg and avocado burrito



My burritos are a bit stupid. The same things on the outside as the inside. 

        "¿Señor, si puedo preguntar, por qué haces esto?

What?

        "Why did you do this?"

It's the stuff I wanted. It's the stuff I like. The stuff I have. Your burritos are always better than mine. How can I improve?

        "Just stop doing this. Whole Food is not a good exemplar. Mexican cheese. And beans."

Muchas gracias ... 

        "De nada." 

... por su ayuda.




They always say, "for nothing." They always say it. Always, always, always say it. Constantly diminishing their own contribution. It is built in. It goes with the language. Something about being politely modest. And when you go counter this simple construction with something like, "oh no, your contribution is incalculable" then you are the weirdo. 

So then, they say, "De nada." 

And you say, "No. This means the world to me. I shall contact my lawyer and have you written into my will." Or. "No. Esto significa es el mundo a me. Voy a contacto me abogado y ponerte en mi testamento." 

And he'll go, "Ha ha ha, you talk funny." 

I got the best help from Spanish speakers in Miami. I had to ask a bunch of people a bunch of different things. The Spanish speakers are particularly gorgeous. They thought I was putting them on but when they sensed I am sincere they took me up as a project and directed their attention helpfully and completely. They really wanted to help the little dope. That whole thing made me see them affectionately. This happened a lot.

No comments:

Blog Archive