Pancake, banana

Nearly a caramelized banana crepe





A half dozen of these things would get you started.

Inspired by a strange site I visited tonight where pancakey pocket type things are filled with all sort of strange mixtures. They had writing branded on their surfaces. All I had was bananas and I couldn't be bothered to turn the inside into a paste like all the things on the inspiring site. I chose to make a syrup out of brown sugar, butter and cream, then added banana and put it on top of tiny pancakes made from thin batter of buttermilk and laced with sugar and vanilla +little dots of cinnamon. One tablespoon of batter per pancake, 4 tiny pancakes per 10" saute pan. Sandwich a few tablespoons of filling between two thin pancakes.

1 comment:

Sultry said...

I've finally decided to read the blog from the beginning. You've made it difficult to pull oneself past the front page and all that's going on there, but I think I can do it.

I'm hunting down banana ideas. Everytime my daughter walks in the kitchen and sees the bunches of bananas and the Hiram Walker....she just rolls her eyes. She smarmily asks if I've been reading "that food blog" again.

This recipe is simple enough, yet can be gussied up if need be. I think I hear a dollop of Vanilla ice cream begging to be invited to this "party".

Blog Archive