Spaghetti, mushrooms, truffle oil



Spaghetti con funghi e olio di tartufo.


White button, cremini, mushrooms and this stuff ↓



*  2.5 oz spaghetti extruded through bronze dies for superior sauce-grabbing texture, important because this is a very loose sauce. Cooked to al dente then dumped dripping wet into the pan with the mushrooms. 


*  5 button mushrooms sautéed in ordinary olive oil. Yes, sautéed, they jumped. They jumped And they squeaked, and you would jump and squeak too if you were dropped in a pan of hot olive oil. 


* About 1/4 cup of the starchy pasta water.  


* A generous drizzle of truffle to finish.


* 1 oz grated Parmigiano Reggiano with a few tablespoons curly parsley.  

1 comment:

Sybaritica said...

Hi ... I am hoping to get some people to try my recipe and give me some suggestions/feedback for my blog:

http://sybaritica.me/2012/02/14/experiment-mushroom-fettuccine-with-truffle-oil/

Blog Archive