Tortilla chips, two dips


This is a strange late-night dinner to have but I did consume gigantic portions of elk, buffalo, and venison at an historic location in Evergreen earlier today so it suits me just fine, and besides, I didn't finish all of it, wutemeye, a pig?

Tortilla chips already shown here. 

The bean dip is the same mixed beans shown here. and here.

The salsa is hobbled together with ingredients on hand. Nearly all ingredients are second or third choice. I'd much prefer each individual thing be fresh. But hey, if you are, say, a college student, or otherwise devoid of any preference for real or fresh food, then go ahead and follow this, but I recommend avoiding these commercial substitutes and instead stick with perfectly fresh ingredients whenever possible. In any case, do not serve anything remote to this to anybody you care about or hope to see again in your life. My only excuse is every once in a while a guy just breaks down and slums it.

* One can stewed tomatoes. I'm beginning to wonder what these things are even for.
* A few frozen Hatch chiles. This isn't so bad, but fresh jalapeños are a better choice.
* One half white onion
* 1/2 teaspoon cumin
* 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley (I do not like this stuff. The thing is, I do not have any cilantro or any coriander, and that is inexcusable.
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder. Another ersatz ingredient that has no real place in a thoughtful kitchen.
* Salt/pepper

No comments:

Blog Archive