Frittata



Vegetables are fried in a pan to near doneness. A creamy cheese is daubed here and there in the pan. This creates pockets of creamy cheese sauce within. Eggs are whipped together, here with heavy cream, and poured over and assisted in spreading throughout by lifting and poking and shaking to settle. Then baked on moderate heat for twenty-five minutes. 

It is like a quiche in a pan and it can contain pretty much anything. 














Frittatas are not among my favorite things but that is because I never had one this good. This is the best frittata I've ever eaten and I cannot wait to get back on the rest of it. It is excellent.

The first bite tasted like sugar is added but that is not so, the onions did that, and the bell pepper too. I intended green onion but forgot and used less glamorous more clumsy white onion instead and that made this frittata sweeter than most due to all that caramelization. 

The first time I saw this done at a home in Breckenridge used mostly for skiing. It is a good easy thing for a group. That person used eggs to set a tin of cream of mushroom soup. Not much of a cook at the time, the whole thing looked too wet and I doubted it would work. I did work. And Campbell's cream of mushroom soup is fine for a group of teenagers up skiing who do not know much about food. Don't do that.

Watch Gordon Ramsay do this.

1 comment:

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Leafy Green... not so much.

That looks delicious. Eggs with tomatoes. my favorite.

Blog Archive