Kentucky Fried Chicken


This was a million dollars but it will be a few meals.



ARTS!




More ARTS!



They're closing down.

The one that was nearby is now a Dunk'n Donuts.

I looked at the menu for drive through and I was all, wtf?

Then I drove down Broadway all the way through Englewood  and all the way though Littleton and didn't see another KFC where I knew they used to be. 

I did see a Chick Fil A but of course they are closed on Sunday.

On account of them being Christian and because after God created the universe he said on Sunday, "Let there be rest" and these Christian outfits take that seriously. 

For obeying God's ancient law is more important to them than milking the capitalist system for all that it's worth.

Ak! Talk to the hand. There will be no discussing the matter.

So I drove way, way, way, way, way, way, way, farther than I need to in order to get to chicken because now my mind is fixed on getting to a KFC.

It's a test. 

To see why they're being put out of business around here.

The lad was a nice young Latino. A bit overweight. Somewhat a nerd. Very engaging conversationally. They give you a regular size drink with the deal but I needed a large. He fronted me a large. 

Then upon leaving two roughneck types stopped short and held open the door, at the exact moment the young KFC man had hustled in front of the counter and offered to take my bag. I was holding two canes in one hand and the large bag in the other. Apparently I look worse than I feel, because in that moment I had the inside worker and two outside customers assisting me to get through the door and get the bag into my truck.

Understand, I can do these things myself. I am not helpless.

Young people of all types, all ages and races, do have social training and they do have intuition and they have situational awareness. All this is proven to me directly and personally every single day.

God bless you all.

Despite their own hardships, their own being short on cash, their own crap employment that undervalues their contribution, their own overarching personal challenges, they still take a moment to give aid to me. This is most noticeable at doors.

And steps. 

No comments:

Blog Archive