large salad; rice, tuna steak

Red bell pepper, lettuce, scallions, rice vinegar, olive oil, 4-year soy sauce.

My brother James and his wife and one their two kids held a soy sauce taste competition between regular table-Kikkoman, 1-year old, and 4-year old soy sauces. The 4-year old soy sauce won. Except the 6-year old boy preferred the 1-year old soy sauce and I think I agree. The 4-year old soy sauce is a bit too mellow for me, nearly sweet. But I don't have a side-by-side comparison myself.

The 7.5-year-old boy didn't play. He has a bad soy sauce attitude. 

If I was the kid's parent I'd be going, "Mmmm. Boy this 4-year-old soy sauce sure is good. I am glad I didn't miss this. I never thought soy sauce could be this good, but I was sorely mistaken. I am glad I wasn't stuck in my original bad attitude or else I'd miss how great this is. A whole new wold opened up that is wonderful. This isn't anything like the regular stuff. It's a whole different thing." Not hamming it up. Just regular speaking. And never even look at him. Just make him think by his overhearing that he's missing something great.

Kids can be little thick heads and their tastes change as they grow. 










No comments:

Blog Archive