Chicken thighs with cherry sauce


It's Shake-n-Bake en aaah hay-yelped! No seriously. I'm a little bit tired of messing up bowls all the time so I dug out a plastic grocery bag making sure it didn't have holes in it as so many of them do. Put in a few tablespoons of flour and seasoning and gave it a toss.

Bell & Evans chicken thighs. Saw them sitting there in the cooler and couldn't resist. Threw 'em in the basket. They're wonderful. Small, but wonderful.

I don't know why I added cherries to the sauce and a banana to the plate. It's weird. I must be pregnant.

The sauce is a wine reduction. You know what? Butter and wine go together really well. A little seasoning, a little chicken stock, and there it is, sauce. I reduced those things wine, then chicken stock one after the other while the chicken fried in another pan. When the chicken was done, I poured the buttery seasoned wine and stock reduction into the chicken pan and picked up all the browned-on sticky bits, the fond, crunchy little nuggets of fried nearly burnt chickeny goodness. If I were a chef, I would run all that through a fine sieve, but I'm not a chef, so I just slum it with all those not-quite-dissolved chunks floating around, most unrefined, incredibly rough and devoid of nuance. Real cowboy like.

No comments:

Blog Archive