Hushpuppy catfish cakes with fried eggs


Leftover cakes for breakfast. They're already done! What could be better? I suppose what could be better would be somebody else making them up fresh just for you, then cleaning up the mess. Yes, that would be better. In lieu of that, this is the best.

Really, this sort of thing is best deep-fried. These were pan fried then re-heated in the microwave ⚡⚡dzzzzit⚡dzit⚡⚡dzzzzit⚡⚡ZAP⚡⚡dzit⚡zit⚡ for one minute. Not the best treatment for a bread-y cake or for fish. Yesterday I reheated one in a pan but that took too long. I don't have the patience for that. Grew gray hair on my head just waiting for it. I stood there with an instant-read thermometer and kept sticking it in the cake while it cooked watching the temperature slowly rise. It took fooorrrreeeeever and I hate that.

1 comment:

Sorin said...

Microwave on defrost... till room temperature. Pop into a 450 degree convection oven on a rack for several minutes. Test your oven for future reference. Zowee good.

Blog Archive