Lamb on linguini with corn





This label is killing me. I didn't get it at first because I do not recall ever seeing the word órale written. It makes sense with the explanation mark. I didn't see it at first because I've only heard one person say that word, a Mexican-American, when he is putting on his accents to be funny and says the word like oda-lay. I suddenly see the "hey you" in it and it makes sense what he said way back then. He was verbally depicting the cartoon character on the label by his greeting. 


Dry mint
* Coriander
* Black pepper
* Cayenne pepper
* Sea salt




* Dehydrated onions because that's all I have.
* Crushed garlic
* Cayenne pepper
* Butter
* Marsala.


water


masa harina


Powder into hot liquid is wrong. It tends to make lumps I want lumps because they resemble dumplings.



I don't want to chew all that frozen corn. I'm lazy that way sometimes. But still insist on thoroughness.






The sauce for the lamb does not have that much going on. There is generous vegetable oil to sauté the lamb. Then tomato paste from a tube. Then Madera wine. That's all. Well, the herbs on the surface of the lamb come off and mix into that. 

The seasoning in the corn and on the lamb is similar, complimentary and overlapping, but not exactly the same. They both contain splashes of the same fortified wine.   

This is a lot more delicious than I was imagining it would be. It surprised me. As I went along and things got mixed up and combined the three things got better and better. It was a shame when it ended so I went right back and filled another plate similar to this and now I am a little bit sorry I did that because presently I am uncomfortably stuffed. The whole pigging out thing breaks an important rule about eating but I couldn't help it. I'd eat more if there was any left. 


No comments:

Blog Archive