Green bean, pineapple, shrimp penne salad, homemade dressing


This is cold.

It is chilled by the cold in my heart that I feel for communist countries and a bowl of ice water, but mostly by a bowl of ice water. Please tell me that you saw that coming fifteen miles away with your eyes blindfolded. 

It's all cooked in a single pot of water, staged as a stir-fry, except this would be a stir-boil. Then everything is drained together and shocked all at once in ice water. And you know that rules are rules are rules are rules that are based on real knowledge and experience and canon and tradition and lore and good common sense and so you know that is no way to treat pasta.

The pineapple is separate from that because it is raw.  

* neutral vegetable oil
* rice vinegar (my choice, it's kind of sweet)
* honey
* toasted sesame seed oil (trace amount, this tends to overwhelm negatively)
* powdered ginger
* mustard, tiny amount (my own, because it's a little bit horseradishy)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I do not think that I have ever considered of putting shrimp and green beans together. Nope, not even once. Hmmm.......

Blog Archive