Homemade sourdough bread, shredded lamb sandwich

This plastic blade for bread came by UPS and I had forgotten that I ordered it. It is shown next to a regular blade.


The dough is 1/4 levain and the rest regular commercial yeast. White AP flour, sea salt, lecithin.









This bread is probably perfect for this sort of thing. From my point of view the crumb is disappointingly tight and closed, but that is a goal for sandwich bread, an obvious advantage for things not poking through or falling out the wide open holes that I like so much. 

I am not a good judge for sourdough flavor, from my assessment the finished bread is insufficiently flavored with the levain but I think anyone else will detect it immediately. I find it wanting. But, boy, does it ever explode. Every step went more than twice as fast as instructions anywhere say. Every single step. If I wasn't right here and watching attentively then it would have overproofed. For bread, this is very fast. It tastes very good and I am satisfied.

The lamb is left over from a sandwich yesterday. There is also a fluffy cheese smear.







I was starving and I mean starving so there in four impolite bites that go like this: chompgrindswallow chompgrindswallow chompgrindswallow chompgrindswallow and that starvation is completely stopped and it's like, "What deliciousness has smitten me!" 

No comments:

Blog Archive