Onion and potato with pork chop


There is something about this cooking liquid that is magical, and that magical thing is

* butter
* spices
    * coriander
    * cumin (mere specks)
    * chile pepper flakes
    * garlic powder
    * salt and pepper
* vermouth
* honey
* chicken stock

That is the trick and now that I divulged it I am ejected from the Western Division of the North American Magician Chef Union, but that is okay, they are too political for me anyway.

There are four cloves stuck in the onion and that is a lot of clove for one little onion. 


The pork chop is from the dinner here Friday night.


The liquid is delicious. I loaded my plate deeper than shown above so I could drink it like soup. When I ate this, things kept flicking off the plate and with so much liquid I flicked flavorful juice on my leg three times and off the table and onto the floor a couple of times. Not just cutting the pork chop, everything slid around. It has been a long time since I've made such a complete mess of the area around the table. 

No comments:

Blog Archive