Chile rellenos egg roll style, red chile sauce.




That ice is going to cause a problem.



These chile rellenos were made previously and frozen and finding them is discovering treasure. Treasure that I had previously laid up and forgot about then surprised the future me which is the present forgetful self now fully delighted. Man, that was a great time warp fake out. 

Sauce made previously too, but I knew about the sauce all along and that never did fake me out.

Lately I've had enough chile heat and flavor in powder and flake form but I yearn for chile in its vegetable state but there are none of those things around here right now, no tinned jalapeños, no poblano, no serrano, as usual, just one little tin of salsa and dry pods that will not do. While regretting allowing that deplorable development I stumbled across these chile rellenos in the freezer door and they hit the spot perfectly. 

Perfectly.

How did I not know how perfect these are? 

Dios míos, es un idea buena.

There are two types of chiles; real roasted poblano and real but tinned jalapeño. The Mexican farmer's type cheese freezes and melts like mozzarella. It tends to finish in the mouth as a somewhat chewy gummy clump as mozzarella does. 

No comments:

Blog Archive