Potstickers




Napa cabbage is called for but I have this green cabbage instead.

My filling is cooked green cabbage to make it shrink and raw Italian sausage with my favorite seasonings and little soy sauce.

Dough for pot stickers uses boiling water similar to pate a choux dough.




I don't know how to pinch them closed. There is a method to it, I've seen it, but cannot do it myself so mine come out a natural mess.


They are fried in oil (here butter) then steamed in one cup chicken broth to cook through. When the liquid boils away the potstickers resume frying in oil left behind. 


Potsticker sauce
  • soy sauce
  • rice vinegar
  • mirin
  • sugar
  • garlic
  • ginger
  • toasted sesame seed oil
  • chile powder or sauce
  • chopped green onion if you have any

No comments:

Blog Archive