Coconut milk fail




Here is where I went wrong.  ↑



Large chunks of coconut can overtax the juicer so it's shredded in the Quisinart first.

I think the mistake is adding the coconut water and additional filtered water in the Quisinart instead of the juicer.

Whirling it around similar to a blender makes the coconut taste like soap. Apparently that can be remedied with baking soda. I added a short teaspoon and that didn't help. I cannot stand it so I threw it away.

I guess I didn't add enough. I was afraid of getting the taste of baking soda. Next time I add baking soda in increments. 

The shredded coconut does not run through the juicer very well. It clogs the auger and simply rotates and backs up instead of being led down to the grinding screen. You can follow it with something like a carrot to push through the shreds, then you'll have a mixed vegetable juice as I do for everything else. Maybe something white, like a white carrot. 

The coconut will still have lauric acid so I'm not sure this will work. 




No comments:

Blog Archive