Juice: Tomato, bloody Mary mix

Instead of a pint I went for a quart. I'm using huge heirloom tomatoes. Plus some other kind of small ones the grocer told me are flavorful.

The store didn't have jalapeño so I bought serrano instead. One serrano turned out to dominate and was uncomfortably hot.

This is the first time I added salt. And for a bloody Mary sense, Worcestershire sauce as well.

So the whole thing was doubled but without the serrano and additions. To tame it. So now I have two quarts.



I forgot the chile pepper. An additional celery stalk and dark carrot to push through the chile. 


Way too hot.

Two more large heirloom tomatoes, celery and carrots and turmeric.




This juice is super thick. It had to be pushed through a strainer. And it's still too picante. 

Mr and Mrs. T's tastes better. But mine is a million times more healthy. 

Possibly 3 times more healthy.

Maybe just twice as healthy.

Fine! Maybe just a little bit more healthy. 
Vinegar and sugar. Theirs is a tomato-based sweet/sour sauce.



No comments:

Blog Archive